Monday, June 22, 2009

A peek into my childhood - Job's Daughters



Back home in Ohio I have a great core group of friends...these friends I met growing up while being a member of the International Order of Job's Daughters. Job's Daughters is an organization for young women between the ages of 11-20 that helps to foster relationships with community, respect for self and all mankind, and promotes a real sense of family. Job's is NOT a cult, but a wonderful organization that helps young girls grow into becoming wonderful ladies.

I have 2 different groups within my core friends...the first group are friends that were in different chapters AKA "bethels" around the state...they are Marcia, Robyn, Missy, Amy and Rena (Rena's first daughter, Molly Ann, was named after me!). The second group are friends that were in my Bethel (#3)...Mary, Lia, Julie and Tracie. Now I can tell you I have loads of material to write about each and every one of them (which I will LOL), but today just want to set the stage for future postings about us.

We have been through so much all together and it's thanks to our involvement in Job's Daughters that have given us years of smiles, tears, laughter, and heartbreak (many, many postings on this - LOL). I don't know how my life might have turned out had I not met them.

I am grateful for the friendships that we have formed and fostered over the years...these are more than friends...they are all truly the sisters that I never had growing up. I know that I can pick up the phone at any given time, from anywhere in the world, and reach out to them if I am ever in need.

Many people go through life having 1 or 2 great friends. I thank God that I have been blessed with having these amazing people in my life...

and don't worry...the fun stories are to come...Happy Monday!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my the stories! Can't wait to read and hope only a handful are about me LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Molly -

    I feel so very fortunate to be one of those girls. I will never forget trading phone numbers on the bus in 6th grade and realizing that our phone numbers were only one digit different from each other. It was meant to be!

    Oh the stories we have! I was just telling Alyssa about the shaving cream fight of 1986 when reminiscing about Mrs. Moore. Good times.

    Ju

    ReplyDelete