Friday, July 24, 2009

My Dad's B-day!

Many of you know that I'm the only child (brat LOL) and I'm so excited to travel home today and spend the weekend in Columbus for my Dad's 60th birthday.

My parents divorced when I was 7 and for much of my adolescence my Dad was around but not really "there". It wasn't until I turned 18 that my Dad and I started becoming close. I still remember the dinner in which it happened...my Grandpa Doc had become ill and Dad was beginning the transition of moving him out of his house into care. Dad and I had a lengthy conversation that night about my childhood and life in general...a true turning point. Dad has now become that person in my life who is a real "sounding board" when it comes to any of my life issues.

My Dad is someone that I have grown to admire...he is a successful salesman (been with his company for 30+ years), adores my nephews (and his dog Thelma Lou) more than life itself, FUNNY and best of all is the life of any party...

I LOVE YOU DAD!

No comments:

Post a Comment